Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A new Find!


If you have ever been in my house, you know I love and cherish anything old. Ad says it's just junk, me, I see beautiful, weathered art! I can't afford any real antiques, but I can still find treasures. This one is my newest. Love, love, love it! It is an old saloon door, and I'm going to make it into a coffee table. Just need to find the right legs that I am looking for. It needed a little repair work done. I sanded it, tightened things up, and dry brushed it. Turned out so marvelous! So, next time you come to visit, maybe we while we are chatting, our beverages could rest on this cute number. Ad is also worried about the space being too small to wrestle with a table, plus he quoted me 70% of injures to kids are from falling and hitting a coffee table. He should know by now that my kids are as smooth as gazelles. They are light on their feet, and rarely fall! (Yeah right). My butt will be in trouble if something should accure, but I am willing to take that chance for love of this door.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to door, super cute! I do know about the books for the blog, it is on my list of things to do! Thanks for the info though. Love ya

emilyy said...

So cute, and what a find! I miss your craftiness. hope all is well in NY.

Gertge Family said...

Thats a great find! Really cool looking. You could also hang it on the wall & put cute sepia pics of the boys on it. I can't wait to see it done. Be sure to post it.

BTW: Im for any kind of girlie Vacation. Lets do it!

Burke and Hayley said...

Love, love, love it! Can't wait to see the finished piece. You need to help me with my bachelor pad :) Miss ya lots!

johnsun said...

I think that you ought to make Adam kneel on the floor and put the door on his back. Now that's art. John

Angie said...

Marci you are amazing and so creative. I love that it was an old saloon door. Did you find out how old it was? What if Clint Eastwood touched it? Just kidding. I can't to see it when it's finished. Hope all is going well.

Jenny Hilton said...

I Love the door!! You are sooo creative and find the best things. You need to move back to Utah and help me. I want to know how to turn my blog into a book.
my email is mattjenny1@q.com if you want to email me the info.
thanks love ya

Anonymous said...

I know I make a few posts now and then, but I've just got a lot to put down! The one site I have heard of for the books is www.blurb.com
Haven't checked it out myself though. I was reading a blog of a friend of mine and saw the name Breckyn for a little girl. Don't know if you would love it, but since Breck has ALWAYS been a favorite of yours maybe you could give it to your little girl that wants to be created here real soon! Then again, Mindi (or Mindy) is also a great name to consider... it has a little meaning too! Ha ha, I'm just kidding about that, but not about the baby! Miss ya

sorensens said...

Leave it to my friend Marci to find an old door and turn it into nothing less than a really cut coffe table. I hope you find some legs for it soon.

Miss Ya

Bethany said...

I love it. I will get a hunting!

Unknown said...

Super Cute Girl! Your are so creative!! How you doing? I need your new address. Can you email it to me please. Take Care!