Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yes, I am still crafting!

So, we are settling into our new place. I am loving all of the storage that I have now. I was going to get Ad a big manly TV for graduation, but I talked him into getting a new luxurious bed instead. An upgrade from a full to a queen has been a dream come true. And I have been wanting to do my bedroom in these colors forever. So, I made this headboard, basically, cause I spent my dough on the bed itself. I thought it turned out pretty great. It really enhances the romantic feeling in the room! Hayley and Burke are coming to visit, so I am working like crazy to get everything all set up. Miss everybody! Hope everyone is doing good!



10 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Marci- soooo adorable how the heck did you do that. We have the gigantic headboard that Spencer hates and I need to upgrade but paying for 2 houses at the time is really puting a kink in our cash flow (not there was any to begin with) anyways e-mail me and tell me how you did that- if you don't mind sharing your secrets steph_donny@hotmail.com love it love it love it

Bethany said...

I love it! It is good to see you guys are finally settling in. R is dying to call you so after the holiday we will have to give you a ring! We miss you guys!

Jessica said...

That is a very beautiful bed Marcie!! How did you make the headboard?

johnsun said...

I love your colors! Way cute headboard! Sunni

gantrieb said...

Marci-WHAT! I had no idea when you moved in that you were so talented. I feel like I'm living next to a celebrity! First of all you used words I'd never heard before-joint compound?!, Secondly, WHEN did you find time to do this (moving, unpacking, decorating, 3 kids, running errands) and Third-when I move, will you come decorate my house for me :)! You are SO talented! If I tried something like that it would end up looking like a crazy modern art piece-I am SO impressed, maybe with you living near me some of your talent will rub off. We are SO glad you moved here! We are lucky to have great neighbors!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Great job on the bedroom suite! :) You are super crafy and I love all your designs!

Kim said...

Love the colors of your room and the head board. You are one crafty little lady!

johnsun said...

Is this where the magic happens? John

Ben and Michelle said...

Marci, you are extremely talented. I love the headboard.

Our Sweet Life said...

Marci, that headboard is amazing. I love the colors and design. You are one amazing lady. Keep on posting all of your fabulous crafts so we can see all the cute stuff you are up to.