Monday, June 9, 2008

Hey guys! We made it to Utah, finally. Last week was probably the most stressful week of our lives. We had graduation for Adam (proud of you honey, you rock!), packed up our truck and drove to New York. We are moving there, Adam is doing a residency in Pediatrics. So, we drive for 6+ hours and get our keys to our new joint. Well, when we arrived, the place was a complete mess. Dog and cat hair everywhere. Not to mention, it was in the ghetto. Isiac would have been the only white kid in his class! And there was also some really HOTT next door neighbors that looked like they had been partying for a year straight. Ad was kinda sad to see those to chicks go. So, we demanded our money back, and spent the next to days in the car, kids included, driving around trying to find a place. Wed. night we finally found one, and it turned out, there is a cute couple right across the street that are members, that have 2 sons, Isiac and Henry's age. We got the truck unloaded about 8:30pm and by 6:00 am on Thurs. we were on a plane to come here. Glad it's over! We miss everyone so bad. Please stay in contact. P.S. ALL THOSE CUTE MOVING ANNOUNCEMENTS I sent out, we no longer are living there, so watch for an update.

16 comments:

Gertge Family said...

Well the picture on the announcement was adorable anyways!!! Glad you won't be livin' in the Hood.
See you this weekend! Yea! I'm excited!!!

Bethany said...

Marci- I am glad to see that you made it and are still sane! What an experience! We miss you guys!

Burke and Hayley said...

I am so glad that you are able to relax and have a great time with the fam in Utah! Just know that we miss you lots and are counting down the days until we get to see you in July. 23 DAYS!!!

Carrie said...

What a crazy move! Glad you found a better place to live. See you soon!

Jason and Sarah Nelson said...

That is such a terrible story! I'm glad you guys got out of there, it sounds like it would've been scary. I don't know how you guys survived that ordeal. I'm so glad you guys started a blog before you left so that we can keep updated on what you guys are up to!!! We already miss you out here.

Angie said...

Talk about bad luck Marci. Well at least Ike won't be the only white kid on the block. Probably better for his sake. I'm glad you made it safe and found something reasonable that will even suit your kids to already make new friends.

Ormeeheads said...

I'm so glad all that is over for you guys, how stressfull! And how great you have members with boys to play with. Heve a great vacation in Utah and good luck in New York. I loved your moving anouncment.

The Gardner's said...

What a crazy week! I am glad that you were able to find a new place to live! Have fun in Utah!

Kim said...

That's a crazy story. Glad to hear you got everything figured out. Enjoy your time with family!

emilyy said...

I heard about your stressful move. Sorry it was so awful.

Stephanie Johnson said...

I'm really missing all our friends in Columbus. I love your post about all your friends I feel the same way. I sure met some great people there in Columbus- including you. Anyways I am glad you found somewhere decent to live we are looking for places and I am grossed out how some people live- and the stench. Well keep in touch and have fun in Utah

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh how stressful!! I am so glad that you found a better pace to call home for a few years. Good luck with everything and have fun in Utah:-)

johnsun said...

Hey guys....we have walked out of hotels before but never a permanent residence. I am sorry that happened! Give us updates of the new place.

Love, Sunni

Vanessa said...

I'm so glad you guys found a good new place to live. wish it was right across the street from ME!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

WOW! How crazy to live in the ghetto in New York, have rowdy neighbors, and a nasty apartment! I would totally move too! How lucky to find a new apartment!

Ben and Michelle said...

I am very glad it all worked out for you guys. I hate moving and I do not look forward to doing it again in 2 years. We also had a hard time finding a place. We drove out to Missouri on a Saturday and didn't find a place until Wednesday. It was a nightmare so I feel your pain.