Saturday, July 5, 2008
Oh yeah, I meant to say how I made my cutest headboard. I just bought a painters canvas size like 20 x 48 or so, and painted it chocolate. Then, I purchased a eye catching stencil and some vingl spackling. ( Joint compound will also work, they have a product at Michaels, but it's expensive!) Sounda crazy I know, but it gives it texture if you apply it thick enough. I tinted it with just the blue and used an old credit card to smear it over the stencil. I had to wait for the first stencil to dry, before I could do more. I haven't sealed it yet. Not sure what to use. Any one have any good ideas? I want it spray form, because the spackle is a little chalky. Oh yeah, use a stencil temporary spray adhesive. Well, there you have it, make your own headboard, or make one just to hang up somewhere. I think pretty cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Martha Stewart! That's all I have to say.
I love that! That is great, I will have to try something like that, might have to email you for more directions cause I'm pretty pathetic when it comes to stuff like this!
Wow it looks really great. I have to say that I understood about three words from your instructions on how to make one. I think I need a personal tutor... and to redue my bedroom.
Love ya dn mis you
Karen
Post a Comment