In loving memory of
DONALD RULAN RASMUSSEN
I was in Utah last week for my grandpa's funeral. It seems weird that most of the time everyone was smiling or laughing. It was like a big family reunion. My gramps has 11 siblings, so it was great to see everyone. My grandpa was such an amazing man. He always would give us bear hugs that would leave you breathless. He would also cook pancakes the size of our heads. Grams always had popcorn and candy, and you never left without a huge bowl of ice cream. I can still picture him perfectly on his motorcycle. Grams and gramps took all the girl cousins on "Girl Trips" every year. He was a patient fisherman, not caring if he got a bite for hours. Holding hands with him, as we walked down to check on his garden, is something I will never forget. Listening to him snore like a grizzly bear. There are so many wonderful things I love about this man. He will always be an example that I will try to pattern my life after, his strong testimony, great faith, and dedication to his family. You will be missed, grandpa. I love you!



11 comments:
So sorry to hear about Grandpa Don's passing. I always thought you girls were so lucky to have such a loving Grandpa. I am glad you have such wonderful memories to remember him by.
I am so sad I didn't get to see you. That will teach me not to listen to my messages, right? Miss you lady.
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa.
We missed seeing you! We will be up your way again in a couple of weeks we should get together. I'll call you.
What a handsome and neat man your gramps was! It is always so hard losing those you love so much! We are so sorry and have been thinking about you and your fam a lot lately. I am so glad that you were able to go to Utah for the funeral.
You look so adorable, as usual! Miss ya lots and hopefully we can get together soon!
Great tribute to gramps. It choked me up reading it although they were happy memories. The weekend was a memorable one and the one in three weeks will be also. I can't wait to hang out with you and eat wings. love you girl.
I love that I made the FAMOUS Marci/Betty/Martha blog. I loved seeing you this weekend. You made me ball my eyes out reading your blog. Miss you already!
ps- I'm glad you got my e-mail of all those great pics. I love the one of you with Mind and los parientes!
Hey, your gramps sounds like he was a stud. I'm glad you got to go to the funeral and see your fam. Miss ya!
I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. That is so sad, but atleast he is in a happy place. Good to see you were able to make it. Let us know next time your down.
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Sounds like an amazing guy, sorry to hear about his passing. It's always nice to get the whole fam together like that. You look great!
Sorry about gramps.
I'm glad you got to go to UT for a break. Always glad to have you back!
You are fabulous lady!
Post a Comment