Monday, April 28, 2008

Should I be worried?



Well, I stumbled upon this scene in the bathroom, the other morn. My cute Henry was simply applying his daily powder. He was really trying to get it on right. Yes, I know that it's my fault, he watches me do my makeup almost everyday, but should I be worried? Answer that question after you hear this....so I get him out of the bathroom, and I finish getting ready. I walk into my room and he has Mr. Hippo and Bear wrapped up and was rocking them to sleep. It was adorable, and maybe he just sees me holding Quinn all day? It cracked me up. I was kinda nervous to tell Adam about it, for fear he would think I was raising a bunch of "girlie boys." Am I doing something wrong or is it completely normal for little dudes to do this?






14 comments:

Carrie said...

that is so cute, and funny! It is so totally normal for your little guy to do that. I wouldn't worry until unless he were a few years older :) He is just mimicking you, what a good mom! He is such a cute litte boy, nice job guys!

Vanessa said...

i'm going to say that it's completely normal! (well, at least i hope so, because little sam tries to put on my make-up all of the time!) I love the picture of henry rocking his stuffed animals, so cute!

Margo said...

I think it is very normal. He is following your example. He feels the love you show him and the boys and wants to follow suit. I think it is precious. When the triplets were younger it was really hard to help the boys understand why Sydney gets finger nail polish and they don't. I would be worried if he was doing this in the morning before he went off to middle school.

Ormeeheads said...

Marci, he is soooo cute! What a little doll. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Maybe he'll start breastfeeding his hippo!!! Just kidding, I want to see more pics of your kids.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is funny! My boys watch me put on make up, too ~ and I always worry. Usually they give me PLENTY of reassurance that they are all BOYBOYBOY!! I'm sure yours do, too! He's such a cutie!

Gertge Family said...

That is too funny. They say it's a good sign when your kids can copy things you do. I don't think you have too much to worry about with a house full of boys. Will went through a serious "Princess" phase where he Had to dress up with Kenade & Whitney. We finally got him a ton of boy dress ups, & that seemed to do the trick. Will is 5 & whenever we paint nails around here, he wants his done too. I think they just want to be included & do what we are doing. P.S. I don't paint his nails.

Henry is so adorable!

Kim said...

I've caught Mitch several times trying to put on my mascara. I also have a picture of him playing with his Tonka trucks outside wearing my high heels. Henry is in good company.

Our Sweet Life said...

He looks adorable holding his stuffed animal. You have nothing to worry about. I've seen him playing and he's all boy.

Tara Chase said...

I think that is hilarious. I wouldn't worry at all. Cute pictures. I love moments like that.

Angie said...

Marci,
I have no clue, but it seems normal. It was funny though and it's great that you caught him in those moments. Just wait till he starts dating. Now you can hold those pictures against him =)

Robb; Carlie said...

No worries. Adam used to do that when he was in High School, he said he was just "hiding some blemishes" but we all knew better.

Jessica said...

SO funny!!
Seth tries to put on my makeup too. Poor kid has to watch me put it on, I just can't let him out of my sight for fear of what he might get into. Isaac asks me all the time "why do girls wear makeup?" Good question. At least he now knows that GIRLS wear make-up. So there is hope:-)

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

No...

At least, not 'till he's like 15, then you may have a problem.

I've got a picture of Drew from a couple of years ago wearing this huge bonnet and dress-up shoes, and he's in his diaper and tee-shirt. I can't help but laugh every time I see it.

My kids get into my makeup a lot, too.

Rebecca said...

Hey Guys!! I just found out you have a blog, thanks! I love the pics. Late happy birthday to Henry and Quinn. You can find me on facebook or email at rebeccapreece@comcast.net
Love ya guys, Rebecca Preece