Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fireplace Frenzy


So, it finally got cold enough for a fire here the other night. Weird, I know. So, my sweet, masculine, hubs
decided to build one. As many of you guys know, men feel very strong about this subject, so I tired to stay in
the background as much as possible. I could have stepped in, (my pops was a scout leader for 20 years), but it recking his ego was not worth it. It was a rocky start. He worked feverishly for 25 mins to get a blaze. Finally, the heat started to fill the room. Smiling proudly, I took his picture. We celebrated a little too early. It went out! Trying to build his confidence by adding a few tips was a tricky process. We shred some logs for kindlin with our bare hands, (we don't owe axes or hatchets of any kind). Made a pile of them, and with some gentle love and a lot of blowing, he finally reached success. Man, can I tell ya, a fire has never warmed me more! So proud of my stud for not giving up, and since then he has created many cracklin fires.
Hope everyone has an amazing Christmas season. Love this time of year. I have tons of reasons to bake, and excuses galore for my constant eating. Time to get some shopping done, another fav past time of mine!

3 comments:

gantrieb said...

marc, I sure miss ya, i need to give you a call, i think about the good ole days in buff all the time!
that fire looks amazing! little g keeps asking when we are gonna go visit hen. we sure miss you guys! hope your thanksgiving was delightful!

Ryan and Kaeli said...

Oh Marci you make me laugh!!
A fire sounds nice right about now.

Anonymous said...

Look at you back in the blogging world!!! I had *almost* given up! :) And I'm SOO jealous of your real fireplace!! There is nothing like a real fire crackling away. How fun!