Friday, May 15, 2009

Butterflies and Baseball



Wish I could take the credit for these flippin cutest cupcakes. Can not. My sis Mindy told me how to make them, so I was so excited to try them out! Super easy, but very glamous and crowd pleasing! First- and easiest, it's a cake mix. Lemon, for my liking, but whatever fav works. Second- get colored chocolates from Michaels or Joann's. Third- get a cookie sheet out, and line it with waxed paper. Now, the fun part I just free handed a butterfly and flower. Started with the middles, then threw them in the freezer to harden. After that, I did the white outlines. Back to the freezer. To finish off, filled in the pink, and a trip to cold storage. Homemade frosting, and done! So cute! Seriously, you could use this for anything. Any kind of shape. Plan on me bringing them to everything...
Now, onto my boy! Cutest baseball player ever. A little on the grumpy side, at times, but what a hitter! He's in Machine Pitch, and doing a great job. The games are a tad long- try 2+ hours, but it is so cute to see them trying so hard. Can't believe that I have a son old enough to be in organized sports. Man, I am getting up there. I was talking to someone the other day, and they told me they graduated high school in 2004! Since then, haven't been feeling great about my age. Fine lines on my face, no energy, in bed by 9:30. Can you say lame all the way around.





7 comments:

Ryan and Kaeli said...

'04 is a Great Year!! :) I love the cupcakes! Seriously the Martha Stewart of the Fam!

Alder said...

I hear you, Grant is in the same ball and it is painfull to sit through!

gantrieb said...

Those little butterflies are too cute. I will have to make them for J one of these days!

Glad that K has a little baseball buddy, and besides, it's great having you guys there, at least it helps the time pass.

Jenny Hilton said...

You and mind are like two peas in a pod. Cute and Crafty what more is their to say.. Love Ya

Angie said...

Oh you did such a good job. Bravo. So many wonderful ideas and you are so sweet to share them. Isaac is a stud in a baseball hat.

Ben and Michelle said...

Cute cupcakes. I also can't believe you have a son old enough to be in organized sports.

Ricks Family said...

Yummy!!! i still can't believe that Henry peed in your fridge! poor guy for sleepwalking